Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Managing Our Time Effectively

As home based business owners we all struggle with managing our time effectively. I've heard it said that home based business owners are the worst people when it comes to managing their time and priorities. We have to be careful not to confuse being busy with making progress.

Here are a couple ideas I have found to help me manage my time more effectively:

1. Good habits are the key to good time management.
Creating good habits is the base of time management. A good habit to develop is to focus on results. Set goals and strive to reach them. Think to yourself, what specific results would I like to see come from my time?

2. Good habits start with setting goals.
Write your goals down. It will be easier for you to reach your goal if they are written down. Break your goals into three categories: short, intermediate and long term.

Time management is a skill the requires practice. The more you use this skill in your home based business, the easier it will become.

No comments: