Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Online Internet Business - Fame and Fortune

When I first started my online Internet business, I was so excited. I foolishly believed that all I needed to do was build a website, load it up to the Internet and just like magic I would be enjoying instant fame and fortune. Right? Wrong!

The first website I owned, I purchased from another individual. I had no control over the content of the website and only limited access to the back office. After I purchased the website, I started reading everything I could on how to promote your home business on the Internet. If given a choice, do the research before you make the purchase and not after, it will make your life a lot less stressful.

It didn’t take long for me to understand that content is king on the Internet. My problem now was that I couldn’t change the content on my website. So, off I go on my search for a website that I could change the content. I found an excellent website that I purchased. It had all the elements I needed, or so I thought. I loved the name of the website and I could change the content. The individual who sold me the website assured me that if I wanted to change the website at all, they would help me through the changes. This worked really well for the first two times I asked for help. On the third attempt, I was told to learn HTML and after that I could never contact the individual either by phone or email.

My next step to Internet business fame and fortune was to enroll in an online HTML class through the local college. I learned enough HTML to make minor changes to the website. I was absolutely thrilled. I was definitely on my way now.

After a few more bumps and bruises, I have finally gotten to the point where I am seeing results for all my hard work on my home based business website (three years later). I still have the second website I purchased and am doing well with it. Remember to do your research before launching your home-based Internet business.

No comments: